Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Getting Settled

We made it! On Saturday we packed up all our things. We had tones of help, which was so greatly appreciated. A special thanks to the people who directly helped me (Sharon, for doing an amazing job cleaning; Kerri, Amy, and Bethany, for taking good care of my kiddlings). The day went pretty smoothly. The only ripple was having to get an additional trailer to pull the things that wouldn't fit in the truck. But that ended up being no big deal.

It was an emotional ending for me. Chris urged me to go into the house with him and have one final look after all was cleared. As we surveyed the empty, beautiful, little town house thoughts and emotions of memories of the past four years made tears come pouring out. (Tears that I had been fighting all day). It was our first house and all three of our children were born there. There were many great things that happened there. After our long hug, we came out of the house awaited by our close friends and family and said good bye. We jumped in our van and paused for a few last moments with the kids and reflected with them what a blessing from God our house has been. The kids were so cute, confused but so cute. JJ kept tell me that "it's okay", and Tyler was searching for sadness in saying goodbye. Chris and I prayed with them, and thanked God for what He has given us, and prayed for our new adventure in Victoria. Chris reminded us that it was the people in the van that made the house so special, and the people in the van were coming with him.

God has been teaching Chris and I a lot lately about generosity, hospitality, and giving. In our new house we want even more, to make it a place where God is glorified. It it His house! When we tell people to come and visit, we meant it. You are welcome to come, and stay. We are excited to see what awaits us this new year, and to see what God has planned for us in our new house and our new church. Here is a video our our new house that I put together real quick just to get an idea of what it looks like.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! it really does look a lot like your old place :) thanks for making the video, it was nice to see where you guys are settling in. i'm glad that things are going okay so far! we miss you guys so much, but know that we'll see ya soon. take care! :) big hugs!
love amy and shawn

Kerri said...

i loved the video. Your new house looks very cute! And i'm glad you meant it when you said to come and visit, because Nathan and I plan on coming! Give my love to all!

Niki said...

Very cool to be able to see where you guys are! Good virtual tour, Kellee Synesael!

Sad we can't come over for a Wednesday meal with you guys, but glad to see that you are settling in nicely there!

Love to all five of you! :)

rachel joy said...

Max said "Hey, I have a bunk bed!" Then at the end he said, "That was nice." Thanks for the tour. :)

The Smith's said...

Hey! Your house looks so much like the old one which seems comforting to me at least. Glad to hear that things are going well. How is the new job going so far? Adjusting to a new youth group with different 'things'? Things are going well in Alberta. I really should get onto blogging but everytime I try the computers are slow and I end up losing my post so I've given up for now until I venture to the library to do it. But know that everything is going well! Email us your new phone number and we can make some phone calls every now and again. We have a 3 year old in our marrieds care group and he reminds me so much of the boys, it's great. We watched Toy Story 2 last week during caregroups because that's what Peter(3 yr. old boy's name is) and it was funny, next week we're watching Cars! So excited. Take care!
Love you all
Kelsey & Spencer

Christi Collison said...

Hey Guys,

The place looks great!! Thinking of taking sometime in Feb or March to come over and see all my Victoria friends now I can add you to my list!! Talk to you soon...Kel I will get you that book I promise!! Love you and miss you!