Saturday, June 2, 2007

Happy 5th Anniversary to Us and Jay and Jacquee!

Yesterday was our fifth anniversary. We didn't really do anything because a lady in our church...Nancy Garner...ordered quite a large cake from me. So Chris and I decided that we wouldn't go out on Friday, but Saturday instead after the stress of making the cake was over. I almost didn't take the cake job, but she offered to pay double, so I couldn't turn down the money. So yesterday I baked and iced the cakes, and decorated them today. After the work was all finished, I got all cleaned up and go ready for our date out to White Rock to the Boathouse. Well, Nancy came to pick up her cake at 5:30 and she and my parents were in the kitchen, and she was writing the cheque...come to find out that the cake that I had slaved over was for our SURPRISE ANNIVERSARY PARTY. My parents had planned a great party for us. So we didn't get to go out, but we will make that up another night. We really enjoyed the party with some of our closest friends. Thanks for everyone that came to celebrate with us, and thanks to mom and dad who love us and encourage us and blessed us with a great party! A special Happy Anniversary to Jason and Jacquee who are also celebrating their fifth! I love you so much!

3 comments:

Niki said...

How cool and fun is that! Love that you essentially made yourself a cake!

Happy 5th Anniversary, Chris and Kell!

Niki said...

The cake looks gorgeous by the way!

Lydia said...

You guys, congratulations on everything!! I'm so excited for you...Emilee is adorable!