Monday, August 27, 2007

Good-bye

Reality has set in yet again. We just got back from the airport after dropping off my dad, Brenda, and brother Skylar off for their red-eye flight back to London. Friday night we also said good-bye to my brother Shawn (but that wasn't so sad, because he seems to fancy Amy, so he'll be back). We had an amazing visit (I'll blog about that later), which makes seeing them leave so much harder. It is really hard to watch my dad say good-bye to my kids. A little bit of guilt actually seeps in. And without fail every time we are saying good-bye to our family there is a small piece of me that really wants to move back to Ontario. We are content to be where God wants to use us. We trusting that God has called us here, and we want our lives to be used for the maximum Kingdom impact that they can. Sometimes following Jesus sucks. Tonight is one of those times.
us at Red Robins for dinner before hitting the airport (oh yeah I wear glasses now!)

1 comment:

rachel joy said...

yes, I read it! I've been away so had some catching up to do. Keep at it.